Is it just me, or are things getting crazy busy? With so much going on before summer vacation starts and a manuscript hogging my attention, I almost forgot to sew over these last couple of weeks. Almost.
But even in the throes of chaos, there’s always time for playing with pretty fabric, right? Maybe I’ll have this baby finished by the end of the summer! 🙂
Even with a little mishap (eh hem, cutting up too much of my fabric in class and having to buy extra to make up for it), I’m having a blast making my very first quilt. Tonight I finished sewing together 40 blocks and I can’t get over how pretty the fabrics are together. Sew much fun!
While my current manuscript is being edited I’ve decided to go ahead and start writing the next book. So far it’s going really well – already in the first chapter the characters are surprising me with their personalities and secrets! If you’re curious what these stories are about, you can click on my sidebar’s Pinterest logo (or my flower profile pic above) and get a visual of each book. Lola is the manuscript that’s being edited at the moment and Kate is the story I’ve just started writing.
Reading, reading, reading… I’ve had my nose buried in some awesome books lately. My latest favorites:
These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner… by far the best book I have read in a long, long time. An incredible story, characters that came to life with every page, and a love story that made my heart nearly burst from my chest.
Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins… I can’t get enough of this author’s books. Her stories are always comical and sweet and so much fun to read.
The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts… book two of the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. I’m only halfway through, but loving it so far. Have I ever not loved a Nora Roberts book? 😉
There’s a cute game going around the crafty blogs called “11 Questions”… and I’ve been tagged! (Thanks Ashley!) I’ve decided to change the game up a bit (aka, shorten it because I have to get the kids to bed in 10 minutes!) before passing it on.
Here are the rules: 1. Post the rules. 2. Post a photo of yourself or something you’re working on. 3. Answer the questions below and tag your favorite crafty bloggers (let them know!) to keep the game going.
I finished the last of the burp cloths tonight and added a cute little label. Sew much fun! 🙂
1. Why do you blog? Because I love sharing my favorite things – reading, writing, and sewing.
2. What have you made in the past year of which you are most proud? I’ve written the book JUST BREATHE. It’s my favorite one so far, and I’ve put so much time and energy into it!
3. Where do your best ideas come from? For writing, my ideas come from everywhere – photos, books, movies, strangers, friends. Sewing ideas come from other crafty bloggers, magazines, and stores.
4. What’s your favorite background noise while crafting? The radio.
5. Why do you craft? It’s my creative outlet when I need a break (or to recharge) from writing.
6. What’s your favorite hangout spot? The bookstore. Books and hot cocoa, peace and comfy chairs = heaven!
7. If you could pack up and go anywhere right now, where would you travel? To a quiet gite in France.
8. What book is next on your list of things to read? TRAIL OF TRIALS by Amy Elizabeth. I just received it from Amazon today – I’m so excited to read it!
9. Coffee, tea, or cola? Tea. British Breakfast Blend, please. 🙂
10. Five years from now, do you think you’ll still be blogging? Yes! I can’t seem to stop – I’m addicted to it.
11. Which blogs do you read most regularly? Just a sampling of the many on my list: BagLadyLulu, C.B. Wentworth, Cluck Cluck Sew, tbnranch, Ali Edwards.
And here are my favorite blogs – Tag! I can’t wait to hear your answers to these questions, ladies!
Cluck Cluck Sew
Lil Miss Shabby